What is a fight club?
We understand that a man can run a business, be the best athlete in a group, be the top seller in his company, climb the corporate ladder and still not live up to the God given destiny for his life - to be men of the Word of God and men of prayer.
“Fight Club” is the key component on how to raise the bar for what God would have for a man in our church today. Fight club comes from 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Fight Club is a group of 3-5 men who will fight for one another and contend for the things that matter the most in life.
Fighting for our walk with God.
Fighting for our character.
Fighting for our family.
Fighting for one another.
Anyone can be in a Fight Club and it can meet any time and as often as it fits the groups schedule. Two things that will make a Fight Club successful: 1- A brotherhood and 2- transparency.
There are 5 questions that should be asked that are based on 5 “W’s”. Walk, Wife, Wellness, Work and Witness.
The leader of the group should ask his fellow brothers:
1. Have you intentionally pursued God since we last met (Walk)?
2. Have you made it a priority to love and lead your family since we last met (Wife)?
3. Have you looked at anything or been with anyone in a way that would compromise your purity since we last met (Wellness)?
4. Have you been honorable in all things (Work)?
5. Are you living a life that show others Christ in your life (Witness)?
Proverbs 27:17 As Iron sharpens Iron, one man sharpens another.